Friday, April 4, 2014

                         Shel Silverstein     

  Shel Silverstein is great writer. He has written great poems that people still enjoy. He was on September 25th , 1930, Illinois Chicago. He died on  May 10, 1999 in West Key, Florida. Shel or Uncle Shelby was Jewish. He lived and grew up in Chicago. He was buried in West law cemetery Chicago. Did you know Shel is Uncle Shelby, also he writes songs!

                     Poem and my Thoughts

                          Hug O'War

                               from the book "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (1974)
                                    I will not play at tug o' war.
                                   I'd rather play at hug o' war,
                                       Where everyone hugs
                                            Instead of tugs,
                                      Where everyone giggles
                                        And rolls on the rug,
                                      Where everyone kisses,
                                         And everyone grins,
                                        And everyone cuddles,
                                          And everyone wins.
This poem is saying that instead of playing the violent game of Tug o War you should play a nice, peaceful game of HUG O WAR! This Poem stuck out to me because it's very happy poem. Plus I like the sound of it of a nice game of hug o war.  I can relate to this poem because it's about happiness and it sounds like this is how I would play the game of tug o war.
     
I cahallenge you read another poem by shel Silverstein http://shelsilversteinpoems.wordpress.com/.   Do you like She'll tell me why or why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment